- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons amaretto or orange liqueur
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, chopped, optional
- 24 amaretti cookies, crushed
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and amaretto. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
In a large bowl, whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form (tips curl). In a medium bowl, stir half of the whipped cream into the ricotta to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream andcinnamon. Fold the pistachios into cream mixture.
Place a layer of crushed amaretti cookies in each of 4 parfait glasses. Top each with a layer of strawberry slices and then cannoli cream. Repeat layering. If desired, top with miniature chocolate chips.
Thank you Patti, from Easton Place Designs for suggesting this weeks Tasty Treat Thursday idea!