Back in August I contacted Bonnie from Sadie Days Photography to see if she would be interested in photographing a mock Halloween Party. She agreed and we decided that it would be even more fun to use our children as models. I am so glad we did, the pictures of them are precious and I will forever treasure the ones with my daughter.
So I put out a call to my fellow Party Colleagues to participate. I wanted to show how amazing a party could be styled with a variety of items from different people in the party world. The response was amazing and instead of one party display we ended up with two, a Children's party and and Adult themed party.
Most of the items sent to me were party ready. Do to the time frame we were working with I had to assemble some items myself, like the cupcake kits sent to me by Red Velvet Stefanie, the Invitation & cupcake picks from Blush Printables, the menu item tents & t-shirts which were made using images from Oh My Gluestick (with permission of course).
I used my glass collection and a few purchased items to style this party. I also bought the witches hats and vampire cape to complete the children's outfits. I think they look adorable!
I am completely thrilled and honored to show you part one of our Boo Crew Halloween shoot.
The Children's Halloween Party.
|Party Flags by The Purple Pug, Kandy Kones by Celebrate Today the Super Chick Way|
|Cookies by Sandy's Baking Memories|
|Marshmallow Pops by Stix N Pops|
|Invitation and cupcake picks by Blush Printables|
|Water bottle labels by The Paper Cupcake, Menu item tent sign by Oh My Gluestick|
|Tutu by Tweedle Dee Designs|
|Tutus by Tweedle Dee Designs|
|"Spooky Treats" sign by Oh My Gluestick, Boo Velvet Cupcakes by Red Velvet Stefanie, Cookies by Sandy's Baking Memories, Cupcake Topper by Blush Printables|
|Cupcake Pick by Blush Printables, Cupcake by Red Velvet Stefanie|
|Party Coordination & Styling by Pamela Smerker|
|T-Shirt Design by Oh My Gluestick|
|Marshmallow stix by Stix N Pops|
|Wood Blocks by Tiny Giraffe|
|"Happy Halloween" Banner by Two Savvy Sisters|
|Kandy Kones by Celebrate Today The Super Chic Way|
|Rock Candy Soap by Milk & Cookeez|
|Tutu by Tweedle Dee Designs, T-shirt designs by Oh My Gluestick|
|Candy Corn Favor Box by Party Starters, Halloween Stickers by The Paper Cupcake|
|Custom Candy Bar Wrappers by Party Starters|
|Photography by Sadie Days Photography|
So there you have it....what do you think? Which photo is your favorite? I am not sure if I could pick just one. All three kids had so much fun and loved everything about the "party".
Here is the list once again of everyone who contributed. Make sure you check them out, they are all extremely talented women! I can't thank them enough for helping my vision come to life.
- Jen from Blush Printables: made Adult and Children's Invitations, Children's cupcake picks, tags on bottles & test tubes from the adult table.
- Sandy from Sandy's Baking Memories: Made the children's table cookies, with names on them and Halloween Shapes
- Charlotte from The Paper Cupcake: Made the Stickers, water bottle labels for the Children's table
- Brandi from Tweedle Dee Designs Made the tutus
- Kristy from The Purple Pug: Made the 3 Big Circle "flags" on the Children's table (the ghost, bat and candy corn)
- Tammy from Milk & Cookeez: Made the rock candy soap sticks (children's table)
- Nicole from Two Savvy Sisters : Made the Children's table banner that said "Happy Halloween"
- Genevieve from Celebrate Today The Super Chick Way: Made the "Kandy Kones"
- Amy from Tiny Giraffe: Made the "BOO" wood blocks
- Laurel from Go Against The Grain : Made the cupcake flags and straws that were on the Adult table.
- Ally from Girlie Gatherings : Made the Adult table cookies that matched the tags and invitation by Jen.
- Elizabeth from StixNPops : Made the marshmallow creatures on the sticks
- Stefanie from Red Velvet Stefanie: Sent the cupcake mixes to make Blue Velvet & Caramel Apple cupcakes
- Tommie from Oh My Gluesticks : Made the little pop tent signs that said "Witches' Brew", "Creepy Cupcakes" etc. Also made the image that was printed on the kids t-shirts.
- Bonnie Bubb from Sadie Days Photography: Photographer
- Pamela Smerker from Party Starters: Project coordinator, Party Stylist, Candy Corn Favor Boxes, Cupcake Wrappers, Candy Bar wrappers.
A HUGE thank you to my friend (and newest addition to the Party Starters team) Dawn who helped me lug all of the items and tables down to this location along with my kids.While it was a pain getting everything down there and set up in the heat, it was SO worth it in the end. Another shout out to my husband for putting up with my mess and creative outbursts the day of the shoot. LOL He will never know how much his support means to me! I love you Al!
Tomorrow...the Adult Table photos!
Thanks so much for stopping by.